Closed Monday, September 4, 2023 for Labor Day Holiday

44 Cedar Avenue, Pineville, WV 24874

P.O. box 1679, Pineville, WV 24874


Fax: (304) 732-6709

Mon - Fri: 8:00 - 4:00

Closed Sat and Sun

Food Permits

Permanent Establishments

Wyoming County currently has more than 150 food service establishments, which include restaurants, bars, child care centers, hospitals, grocery stores, temporary food establishments and mobile food units. All food establishments are required to have a food service permit to operate. In order to obtain a permit the following information must be submitted to the health department for review:

Equipment listing (showing type of equipment and manufacture model number) Once plan approval is granted the establishment must be inspected and an operational permit issued prior to opening. Food service establishments are then inspected a minimum of once each six months in accordance with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration’s (FDA) 2013 Food Code. PDF versions of the documents are available below. If you have further questions about opening a food service establishment please contact the Environmental Health section of the Wyoming County Health Department at 304-732-7941. Floor plans and the Plan Review Information Report must be submitted at least 45 days prior to the start of construction, conversion, or remodeling, for our office to review. This is to help the facility in case adjustments must be made to meet our codes and regulations. If there are any questions or concerns, please contact the Environmental Health section of the Wyoming County Health Department at 304-732-7941.

Temporary and Mobile Food Permits

  • Each event should have an Event Coordinator
  • Where there are many businesses and or volunteers participating in the event, the event coordinator must ensure that all use safe food practices.
  • All event coordinators should complete the Food Vendors List with the names and contacts of food vendors participating in the event. Provide a copy to WCHD and retain a copy for your records. Completed vendor applications with the appropriate fee should be submitted to WCHD at least one week prior to the event.
NOTE: Event organizers should submit applications for approval by WCHD from their participants: profit vendors with the permit fee; non-profit charitable, educational or religious vendors will not be charged a permit fee with a completed form. WCHD must receive the applications at least one week in advance of the event.