Closed Monday, September 4, 2023 for Labor Day Holiday

44 Cedar Avenue, Pineville, WV 24874

P.O. box 1679, Pineville, WV 24874


Fax: (304) 732-6709

Mon - Fri: 8:00 - 4:00

Closed Sat and Sun

New Food Establishment

How to get my New Restaurant Permit

In Wyoming County ALL food establishments are required to have a food service permit to operate. In order to obtain a permit the following information must be submitted with appropriate fees to the health department for review:

When do I submit, what does it cost?

Floor plans and the Plan Review Information Report must be submitted and paid at least 45 days prior to the start of construction, conversion, or remodeling, for our office to review.  Application for a Permit to operate a food establishment must be submitted and paid 30 days prior to opening day.  This is to help the facility in case adjustments must be made to meet our codes and regulations.  If there are any questions or concerns, please contact our sanitarian of the Wyoming County Health Department at (304) 732-7941.

Plan Review for Food Establishments is $50.00 payable at the time of submitting the plan review application SF35

Food Service Establishment Permit Fee are base on the seating capacity and liquor license requirements can be found here:

* If the facility has a liquor license from the West Virginia Alcoholic Beverage Control Administration – an additional $125 fee shall be added to each seating capacity amount. The fixed expiration date is June 30.

Applications with check or money orders may be sent by US Mail, or hand delivered to the following address.  The application will not be processed until payment is received:

Wyoming County Health Department


P.O. Box 1679

Pineville, WV 24874

Once plan approval is granted the establishment must be inspected and an operational permit issued prior to opening.  Food service establishments are then inspected a minimum of once each six months in accordance with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration’s (FDA) 2013 Food Code.  PDF versions of the documents are available below.  If you have further questions about opening a food service establishment please contact the Environmental Health section of the Wyoming County Health Department at (304) 732-7941.

New Food Establishments Links